----------Team New Hampshire's Letterboxing Tales----------

Team New Hampshire is a team of 5. First there is my beautiful partner in crime, Sarah. Next are her 2 sons, Billy and Elijah. Then there is our son, Levi. And finally there is me, David. We live in the most wondefullest state in the country, New Hampshire. The "Live Free or Die" state. We started letterboxing in August of 2005 and we love every minute of it.

Monday, October 23, 2006

The time has come, Team New Hampshire is now 1!



So here we are. Our first dance. She looked so beautiful. I wish I could have invited everyone I knew, but I couldn't. We got married at The Castle in the Clouds in Moultonborough, NH. The sky had not 1 cloud in it. O.k. it had a cloud in it. Serious, there was only 1 cloud! The temperature was just right. Ther was some concern that it would be to cold for her. She hates the cold, but it was just right.

After the wedding we flew to England fo our honeymoon. My first time in another country. Stopped off in Shannon, Ireland before landing in England and then spent a few days in Paris, France.

Didn't find any boxes in Ireland because it was a 4 hour layover, but hopefully we will go back someday. We did go looking in Paris for 1 box, and came up unsuccessful. It was in an area that drew lots of attention. The clues mentioned security being a problem and I was suprised we didn't draw that kind of attention. It was kinda hard to not be noticed by others in the park. But oh well. We tried. The sites were beautiful there. The Eiffel Tower was huge. Pictures don't do it any justice. We went to the top and I am the one who is scared of hieghts and it was Sarah that was flipping out. Kinda funny I think.

After those few days in Paris, we came back to England and drove 5 hours to Okehampton, to do a bit of LBing in Dartmoor National Park. It was a bit harder than I thought it would've been. It was very nice there, but cold and windy. I did manage to find 2 boxes, 1 in the Museum of Dartmoor Life, and plant 1 of my own. Oh and back the car up into a rock and leave a nice hole in the bumper of the rental car we had. Opps!

Well, we made it back home in 1 piece and we are looking forward to finding more boxes in our home land of USA.They can have thier wrong side of the road driving, small roads and roundabouts. The one thing I did like was the lack of speed limits on the highways. I wish I could do 110mph here and get away with it. Ahhh, it's good to be home.

Guardians of Row Tor - Dartmoor National Park, Okehampton, England - F284
Louise's Lookout at West Mill Tor - Dartmoor National Park, Okehampton, England - F285
Museum of Dartmoor Life - Okehampton, England - F286

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home