----------Team New Hampshire's Letterboxing Tales----------

Team New Hampshire is a team of 5. First there is my beautiful partner in crime, Sarah. Next are her 2 sons, Billy and Elijah. Then there is our son, Levi. And finally there is me, David. We live in the most wondefullest state in the country, New Hampshire. The "Live Free or Die" state. We started letterboxing in August of 2005 and we love every minute of it.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

2 and Through!


Well, with our first real snow fall in the Northeast, I thought it would be a wonderful idea to head out and try to find 6 boxes before being covered in a foot of snow. I woke up at 6 am, which is kinda rare for me, left the house at 7 and headed to Manchester, NH. The first box I was to look for was Beaver's Rock Garden. Listening to the radio all the way there, what I heard was the temperature outside in Manchester was 5 degrees. No big whoop, right!

I get there and head out to find the box. Hmmmm, it is a bit cold out here! Well after a little bit longer, it was more than a bit cold outside. It started to really feel like it was 5 degrees out. So I did continue to search for the box. I figureed, I was already out in the cold, I can do it. Got to the location where the box was and looked around for it. Nope. No box. Ohhhhh, silly me! Wrong rocks. Continued a little bit further and found the rocks I was supposed to be looking for. Of course, the box was covered with another rock and it was frozen to the ground. With some fancy foot work, the rock became unlodged. After that, the fun really began. I took my gloves off to stamp in and let me tell you, I barely made it through that process without losing a finger! My fingers were so cold! I finished what I was doing out there, and I did manage to grab a few pictures while I was trying to warm up my fingers. Afterwards, I headed back to the car.

4 more boxes were left to get in Manchester before heading back home to look for another. After what I just went through looking for 1 box, I just decided to head back home and search for the box down the street from my house. I wasn't going to freeze my fingers off 4 more times! So, of course there is a story with this box, Freedom, Rasing the Flag. It was this past Saturday that I went to go find this box and be the first finder. I went out to search for the bo before work, found it, went to go stamp it in and noticed I forgot my inkpad at home. With no time left before work, I had to leave it behind with the chance someone would find it and claim first finder before me. Oh well. So back to today, when I knew where the box was located and easily headed back to the box and began to do my thing. Opened the box and, and, I was still the first finder. I swear I wouldn't have been the first finder. How could this had happened? I mean, not that I am complaining or anything, but I have a box across from my house, Our Seasonal Friend, and LBers that have stamped into that box, should have found this other box, but didn't. I don't even know if they knew it was there. But either way, I was the first finder! Yippie skippie! And then I said enough was enough, because my fingers were freezing again and I hated that feeling.

So now the boxes are going to be covered in a foot of snow and there is nothing I can do about it. Bring it on Mother Nature! We've been waiting for you!

Beaver's Rock Garden - F354 - Manchester, NH
Freedom: Raising the Flag - F355 - Pembroke, NH

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, you've got to find a different font color, I can't read it at all.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home