----------Team New Hampshire's Letterboxing Tales----------

Team New Hampshire is a team of 5. First there is my beautiful partner in crime, Sarah. Next are her 2 sons, Billy and Elijah. Then there is our son, Levi. And finally there is me, David. We live in the most wondefullest state in the country, New Hampshire. The "Live Free or Die" state. We started letterboxing in August of 2005 and we love every minute of it.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006 - A Year To Remember!



Well, 2007 is here! Where did 2006 go? Let me tell you where it went!
2006 began like any other year. On January 1st! Team New Hampshire was only about 4 months old at the time. I climbed Red Hill Mountian in Center Harbor, NH, when it was dang cold out. February brought me to Fabius, New York for the Desperately Seeking Sun Gathering, hosted by Lock Wench. It was there that I met the great Wanda and Pete. It was also there, that we hit F100. March sent me south for a visit with my brother in Shreveport, LA. While visiting, I boxed in Houston, TX - Little Rock, AK - Vicksburg, MS - as well as others alone the way. In April, we were visited by the always awesome, Irene from Hikers n' Hounds. Did a little boxing with her before she flew back home in PA.
May took us into unchartered territory which was MA. Carlisle, MA was the location of our second gathering called Ice Scream Sunday. Up until then, we hadn't boxed in MA, which was kinda weird since we boxed in every state around MA, but not MA itself. Well we took care of that in 1 day. Met many more people there and introduced Billy and Elijah to thier first gather as they did not come to NY with me in February. It was here, we reached F200. May also took me to a local hotspot for my first annual Project White Sands. This was an area down the street from my house that tends to become very littered throughout the year. With letterboxers and community involvement, Project White Sands was a huge success. Again, thank you all for coming. June was spent at the coast or out in the Keene, NH area. Many O' boxes were planted too! My favorite being Portsmouth Alarm. July had come and seemed to never end. On the day my first born would have been 7, I lost my bestfriend Rocky. Of all days, it had to be that one.
August came with my better result. The Alien Invasion of PA was on! We invaded French Creek State Park and abducted several before being defeated by Cyclonic during a battle of Rock, Paper, Scizzors. September was rather quiet due to the future wedding coming in October. Which brings us to October. On the 14th of October, 2006, Team New Hampshire became a family. Now the kids didn't go on the honeymoon, but Sarah and I did. We flew to England and also spent a few days in Paris. Didn't find any boxes in Paris, but we did travel to Dartmoor National Park and found a few boxes there. Oh and I left 1 too! When we got home, there was preparation for our first visit to Cape Cod for the Haunted Halloween Hunt. Oh man, that was so fun! November helped us reach F300. A short time later, we had our first Turkeyboxing Day. Boxing all the way to my Mom's house in Sanford, ME.
Then there is December. The last month of the year! It came quietly, and left with a bang. We met tons of new people. Tons! We made plans again to head to Cape Cod for the Letterboxing Tree located in W. Yarmouth. Estimated time there was about 2 hours to log in all 27 boxes. I think that was about right. 2 hours in the cold, logging in boxes while talking to everyone. The talking keep me from thinking about how cold it was. It just didn't work so much for the boys. We all had a great time anyhow.
So the year is over! Let 2007 begin. May the new year be as kind, if not kinder, than the last.

P74 F353 X94

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home