----------Team New Hampshire's Letterboxing Tales----------

Team New Hampshire is a team of 5. First there is my beautiful partner in crime, Sarah. Next are her 2 sons, Billy and Elijah. Then there is our son, Levi. And finally there is me, David. We live in the most wondefullest state in the country, New Hampshire. The "Live Free or Die" state. We started letterboxing in August of 2005 and we love every minute of it.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Help Baby Giovanni!


Meet baby Giovanni. Giovanni was born July 24, 2006 an apparently healthy baby to Christina M. Poulicakos and Michael A. Guglielmo. After six-weeks home, Giovanni had an elevated fever and was taken to his doctor. He was sent home under the belief he simply had a cold. After several days his temp persisted, he wasn't eating and he was very irritable so he was taken back to the doctor. Since then he has been in and out of the hopsital, on different drugs to try and kick this illness he had, but to no avail. Soon he would be transfered to Boston Children's Hospital in Massachusetts. He is in need of a bone marrow transplant in which the insurance company will not pay. The family of baby Giovanni has reached out to the community for help raising money for the surgery.

This holiday saeson, my employer at Sal's Pizza in Concord, NH, had come up with an unusual idea this year. He had done this before, but he had given each of his employees $100 dollars to donate to someone or a family we do not know. After some searching, I found my cause. For most of you that follow my blog, I lost a son a few years ago. He had become ill and spent time at Boston Children's Hospital as well, but for a heart condition. When I saw the news report on WMUR, I knew what I had to do. For me, it was a no brainer. My money went to a worthy cause.

With the permission from the parents, I am allowed to post this in hopes to draw in more donations for the family. They live in Belmont, NH and it is a 1.5 hour drive to Boston everyday. You don't have to if you don't want to, but it doesn't hurt for me to try. Anything you have to donate will be enough. All the information about baby Giovanni and where to donate, will be on the website www.helpgiovanniguglielmo.org

Thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home