----------Team New Hampshire's Letterboxing Tales----------

Team New Hampshire is a team of 5. First there is my beautiful partner in crime, Sarah. Next are her 2 sons, Billy and Elijah. Then there is our son, Levi. And finally there is me, David. We live in the most wondefullest state in the country, New Hampshire. The "Live Free or Die" state. We started letterboxing in August of 2005 and we love every minute of it.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Plant-A-Letterboxing Day as it was.

So I would have to say that the only thing that I didn't like a bit about International Plant-A-Letterbox Day, would be that I had to work for 6 hours. I had been up until 4:30am the day before P-A-L Day just making sure I had everything ready, and I did. All my stamps in boxes and ready to go. I woke up at 8:00am, which I didn't want to do! I wanted to wake up at 6, so I could get a head start on planting before I went to work at 10. I did manage to plant 1 box Bragfield Pond in Pembroke before work called Polly Puffer Fish. Then I went to work for 6 hours before getting out in the heat. I headed to a place in Concord, NH I had planned on planting a series of boxes at, which doesn't have a name from what I can tell, but now it has an 11 boxes series called Animal Cracker Zoo. From there I headed to Manchester to a few places to plant The Evolution of the Blue Spider, and W_nn_ B_y _ V_w_l? The heat still in the air, I tried to plant a small series of 2 boxes around the Manchester Airport, but found that the spot that I want to use as a plant site, ended up being worked on, so now I have to find another location for the series. It was about 6:30pm now and daylight was starting to dwindle. I headed for the highway and headed to Andover MA to plant my first box in Massachusetts. The box is called A Frog Out of Water.
It took me a half hour find a location I felt safe with, to plant the box. I feel this is one of my best carved stamps, so I wanted to make sure this box wouldn't go missing after a week or two.
Planted a week before P-A-L Day, specially for P-A-L Day was The New Hampshire Tour Bus. Anyone interested in this box should click on the name/link highlighted in red. This box is a box that moves from location to location, so if you want it, you may want to keep close tabs on it.
So P-A-L Day was a huge success with only a couple of flaws. 1 being work, another being the inabilty to plant a series of 2. Oh ya, and somehow I managed to not notice a box in the front seat of my car. So I have to make that 3 boxes I didn't plant. I guess that I will have to head out sometime soon and plant these boxes too! Besides planting lots of boxes on P-A-L Day, I did see a beautiful sunset.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home