----------Team New Hampshire's Letterboxing Tales----------

Team New Hampshire is a team of 5. First there is my beautiful partner in crime, Sarah. Next are her 2 sons, Billy and Elijah. Then there is our son, Levi. And finally there is me, David. We live in the most wondefullest state in the country, New Hampshire. The "Live Free or Die" state. We started letterboxing in August of 2005 and we love every minute of it.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

What a Beautiful Day!

Oh, what a beautiful day to be out and about. Over the past few weeks, since I was on vacation in Louisiana, I haven't been feeling that well. Still trying to rid of this cough I can't get to go away. A week ago, I also had biopsy done on my back, which meant I had to watch what I do. I couldn't lift heavy things or the stitches in my back could ripe out. Fun fun fun!
So I finally decided that enough was enough. Since the last few weeks have been hell, I made sure there was nothing to do on that day. Ok, if there was something to do, it now became 2nd fiddle. I was taking a day off, and Levi was coming with me.
We left for the White Mountians, here in beautiful New Hampshire. I had a whole list of boxes in the mountians to look for. I wish I was able to find them all. Driving up there wasn't a problem. Just a straight shot up I-93 to Lincoln. We headed to Beaver Pond in Woodsville first to look for a box, and thats when reality set in. Box #1 wasn't a success. Now it is not to say it wasn't there, it was the fact that I had to carry Levi around through the woods. He is heavy and my back wasn't ready to do all that carrying yet. I abandoned the search for that box and decided to enjoy the view there.
Heading back towards Lincoln, I skimmed the clues I had printed down, just to make sure that the other boxes were not going to be as hard on my back. They were stroller friendly. A few were able to be grabbed by jumping out of the car.
The first box we found was Indian Head in Lincoln. I always love visiting the stone indian. They have a observation tower you can climb, but they were painting it today, so we couldn't go up it. I probably wouldn't go up it seeing I would have to carry Levi the whole way up, and down. Next, we continued to head north for Boise Rock. Just a huge boulder really. It sits in a valley of much bigger boulders. Just look up and you will see what I am talking about. Then we went and found Governer Gallen Memorial Bridge. This bridge used to be part of the highway system running from MA to Canada. Since the expansion of the highway, another bridge was built and the other bridge was saved. It is used now for walking, hiking, biking, or viewing Mt. LaFayette. It still had snow on it. Baa Humbug! Afterwards we headed to Cannon Mt. in search for Mittersill. I had never seen this side of Cannon Mt. before. Not that there was anything special on the otherside, but I didn't know that there was another side to Cannon Mt. Well anyway, we found this box and it ended up being our last box.
Levi had decided that we were done. He feel asleep. I wanted to do atleast 1 more, but it had already been a long day for the both of us. So we headed home. I couldn't have asked for a better day. Actually.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home