----------Team New Hampshire's Letterboxing Tales----------

Team New Hampshire is a team of 5. First there is my beautiful partner in crime, Sarah. Next are her 2 sons, Billy and Elijah. Then there is our son, Levi. And finally there is me, David. We live in the most wondefullest state in the country, New Hampshire. The "Live Free or Die" state. We started letterboxing in August of 2005 and we love every minute of it.

Monday, June 11, 2007

To the Coast I Come!

So today Levi and I headed out to the coast for some letterboxing. We hadn't been letterboxing for quite some time now. So we were actually heading out to Portsmouth to replace the logbook in my Portsmouth Alarm box. Since we were going in that direction, I decided to go looking for boxing alone the way. In Epsom, I went to go looking for Webster Park, but Levi had already past out in the back seat, so I had to continue on to the next location, which of course was in Epsom too! Had to pass it by too! So as I was heading out to the coast, Levi woke up and I was able to stop for a box finally. Except we weren't so lucky looking for Minneapolis Spoon Bridge in Durham. This box is one of a handful of boxes in NH that were involved in the Great Atlas Quest Letterbox Exchange of 2007. We were at the location the clues tell us to go to, but we didn't find the box. Hopefully we just missed it. So once we decided that we couldn't find the box, we traveled on to Kittery Maine in search for a box called It's Cookie Time. We found it in a nice little park in the middle of a traffic circle.
Back in NH, we headed to visit the USS Albacore in Portsmouth. Located there was Thank a Veteran. A wonderful tribute to the veterans of wars present and past. This would be the first time I had ever seen a modern day submarine. The last time I had seen a submarine was in Vicksburg, MS. The submarine there was a civil war submarine. Actually, now that I think about it, I think my parent met while working at a naval shipyard in Groton CT making submarines. Anyhow, I seem to be getting off track. After the visit with the Albacore, I went to replace the logbook and started of home.
We returned to Epsom and went off to look for Bird Sanctuary. As the sun started to set, the mosquitoes started to bite. They really hadn't been a problem until now. With some swatting, I managed to find this box. We were the first finders of this box, but I got a bit confused about the stamp though. It was of a dog holding a bone in it's mouth. Bird, dog, bird, dog. Maybe it was a bird dog. Or maybe the dog ate the bird and the bone in it's mouth was left over from the meal. I don't know, but one thing I did know, we were heading back to the car as fast as we could. Next stop, which was our last, was Webster Park again. We found this box as easy as the mosquitoes found us. The woods were full of green. Little plants covered the ground like a blanket. What a nice shot. Running back to the car yet again, we ended our day finding 6 boxes, one of which was a first finder for us. After a long day, it's time to crash.

1 Comments:

Blogger midlandtrailblazer said...

what fun! i love birds, so i think i might have been a bit disappointed looking for the Bird Sanctuary box and finding a dog inside.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home