----------Team New Hampshire's Letterboxing Tales----------

Team New Hampshire is a team of 5. First there is my beautiful partner in crime, Sarah. Next are her 2 sons, Billy and Elijah. Then there is our son, Levi. And finally there is me, David. We live in the most wondefullest state in the country, New Hampshire. The "Live Free or Die" state. We started letterboxing in August of 2005 and we love every minute of it.

Friday, November 23, 2007

2nd Annual Turkeyboxing Day

Well, I was up at the butt crack of dawn ready to head out and grab some boxes before filling my face with some delicious, mouth watering, turkey. Only, I found one problem this year. The kids didn't wann ago boxing this time around. I have to say, it was probably my fault for that. Last year for Christmas, Sarah had gotten a portable DVD player for the van. I figured because it was wet and cold out this year, I wouldn't drag my youngest out into the woods. A movie to watch for the ride would be nice for him. Only, the other 2 decided they would rather watch the movie then search for a box with me.. Not exactly what I was thinking about when I brought letterboxing into our family. So we ended, sorry, I ended up only finding 3 boxes out of I think 8.The first being Liar's Paradise in Gilford. Saltmarsh Pond was so fogged in, it almost looked scary. Our second box was Bob O Bob-O-Link. This box was located in hard to find Prescott State Park in Laconia. The only reason I knew where it was, was because I have a box there already called Ants. Then after some frustration with searching for other boxes, I headed to find 1 last box before calling it quits. Sturtevant Saga was located in Bean Cemetery, in Center Harbor. This was a bit further north than our house and north of any of the other boxes I found, which meant that there was still some wet snow around. While stamping into the box, my socks started to get wet. Not the most fun for those of you that never had wet socks.
So with the finding portion of Turkeyboxing Day complete, it was now time to head to my Dad's house. I have never seen so much food before. Well actually, it has been a good long while anyway. When I was young, we would always head to my Great Grandpa's house in Holyoke, MA for Thanksgiving dinner. He past away when I was fairly young, but I can still remember the fun times we had there. Since then, dinner hasn't been much the same. The family has spread out a bit, and my parents have split and remarried. But there still was plenty of people at my Dad's house and the food was amazing.
After dinner I went to replant a box flooded out last spring. I wasn't sure I was going to replant this box. First off, it was a store bought stamps. I didn't want to replant with another store bought stamps. I have moved past store bought and can carve whatever I want now. So i compromised. I took the image of the store bought, transferred to some rubber, added a few things, and made it my own. The Blue Spider is now replanted.
With the day now winding down, we played a little chess and, beating Billy badly, and headed off home. I was really tired with the turkey kicking in. With science the way it is, they should fix that!

1 Comments:

Blogger Marissa Dupont said...

But David, the itis is part of the Thanksgiving tradition now! You HAVE to get sleepy and take a nap after eating turkey, it's tradition! :D

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home