----------Team New Hampshire's Letterboxing Tales----------

Team New Hampshire is a team of 5. First there is my beautiful partner in crime, Sarah. Next are her 2 sons, Billy and Elijah. Then there is our son, Levi. And finally there is me, David. We live in the most wondefullest state in the country, New Hampshire. The "Live Free or Die" state. We started letterboxing in August of 2005 and we love every minute of it.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Back Out On the Trails.

It has to have been atleast a couple of weeks since we got out on the trails because school had started. So I took advantage of some of the free time I had and went to go find a few boxes. I can't tell you how nice it was to head out on a cool late summer morning to search for a couple of boxes. Yes New Hampshire, it is still summer! This mornings temperature was 40 degrees when I headed out. It you asked Sarah, she would have told you it was freezing out, but that's where her and I differ. If she had her way, we would live south somewhere where it never gets cold. I love it here though. Chances of us moving at anytime in the future are slim. Just the way I want it. Besides, we would have to change our name to something else if we left the state. I'm not ready for that. Oh sorry, I was rambling on about nothing!
So I actually started the search for these boxes this past Thursday after work. First box I was after was Butterfly Easement. This is an area of Concord that has been set up for the federally listed endangered Karner Blue Butterfly. I didn't see any Karner Blue but I did find the box that was there. After that, I had to do a delivery for work and then went out to look for another box called Helping the Earth. Didn't stay long to search for this box because I had to get back to work. It was to bad to because I didn't find the box. So after I returned to work for a second, I was able to head down at Horse Shoe Pond. The clues were quite unclear and after searching for the box for about an hour and a half, I finally found it. While searching for this box, I saw some deer hanging out on the tracks. I would love to share with you the pictures I took, but none of them came out. I swear I did see some. I did!
With time and daylight running low, I decided to try and find one last box called A Hike in the City. It is located in beautiful White Park. I got there and started to follow the clues. Headed up a hill like I was told but couldn't find the location the box was to be at. Now, I got married once in the park and I used to live a few blocks away, so I know the park pretty well. I searched the trails there for awhile til it got to dark and I gave up. But now I quickly found myself searching for something else. I lost my cell phone! I looked for my cell with my flashlight all over the place. Everywhere I walked I searched, but couldn't find it. Finally I decided to ask someone in the park for some help. I asked if they could call my phone and they said they would do that for me. 10 minutes later, my phone was found. I thanked them and I was off. Thank heaven for nice people.
So now we come back to this morning. I had to go to the bank to put money in but I wasn't sure as to what time the bank opened, so I grabbed my boxing gear and headed out. The bank was open and I just went searching afterwards. First stop, White Park. The ducks were out and feeding on whatever they could eat. We are not allowed to feed the ducks. I watched them for a little bit and then looked for the box. I found the box this time, but noticed the clues were wrong. Left not right, the box was. After that, I headed back down to 2nd St to locate the other box. There are lots of 2 sister trees. Which one is the box after was the question. Found it after some searching. I mean, isn't that what you do when your looking for a box? Search? I never have a problem searching for boxes, but when the clues are unclear, it tends to be a bit hard. So when the morning was over, I was able to say that I found 4 boxes, even though 2 of them were found a few days ago. Oh well! If was a beautiful morning nonetheless. Couldn't have asked for a better day for boxing.

1 Comments:

Blogger midlandtrailblazer said...

my favourite time of year is fall. i'm an autumn baby, so maybe that's why, but i hate the heat and can put up with quite a bit of "chilly" weather. i really don't consider it cold until it gets to 20 degrees!

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home