----------Team New Hampshire's Letterboxing Tales----------

Team New Hampshire is a team of 5. First there is my beautiful partner in crime, Sarah. Next are her 2 sons, Billy and Elijah. Then there is our son, Levi. And finally there is me, David. We live in the most wondefullest state in the country, New Hampshire. The "Live Free or Die" state. We started letterboxing in August of 2005 and we love every minute of it.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Where Has the Time Gone!

Little did anyone know, August 15th was our 2 yr letterboxing anniversary. It was the week before that we decided to head to Cape Cod for a little family time together. We have some timeshare and we took advantage of it. What a beautiful day to use the pool, and then to scope out the beach. Afterwards, we started home but not before eating dinner at Friendly's first. We ate our dinner and after Sarah and I were playing a game with Billy and Elijah. Then Elijah happen to notice Levi was doing something. He was sticking crayons on his ears and nose. This was so funny, I had to take pictures. He might hate me for it when he grows up and has a girlfriend.
This past weekend, Billy, Elijah and I went to Connecticut for the Redding BBQ hosted by Bandaid. I couldn't believe the awesome time we had. Everyone was so nice and had open arms. bandaid opened up her backyard for everyone to come and have a good old fashion BBQ. She planted some boxes around her property which were fun to locate and enjoy. The food was wonderful and her husbands cooking on the grill couldn't have been better. Then if things couldn't have gotten any better, Bandaid and her husband were kind enough to lend a piece of land for our tent over night. Money had been a little tight and I couldn't find a campground around the area. So I now had a place to stay. The next morning, the kindness continued. Bandaid had made us some breakfast and her husband had gone out for some awesome bagels. They totally went over and beyond what I was looking for in land for my tent. They didn't have to do any of that and they did. I am so happy to be part of such a wonderful group of people called letterboxers. Someday I hope to open my arms to someone who may need something.
So after we left Bandaids house, "Sorry Bandaid" we went to New York City. I had originally told Her we were going to my Aunts for a BBQ there, but what I hadn't told her was we were going to NYC first. I didn't dare say anything because I didn't want the boys to find out where we were going. The whole time I was wake around Bandaid and her husband, one of the boys was around, so I hope you can understand why I never said anything. It was a surprise to the boys when we got there. Neither of them had ever been to NYC. We parked the car and spent 2 hours checking out Times Square. People people and more people! The boys were so amazed by the huge buildings and the many people that were there. We checked out Toys "R" Us and it had 3 story ferris wheel. Billy wanted to go on it, but the line was to long. Maybe next time. We saw Superman hanging from the ceiling and T-Rex roaring at everyone. They had so much fun there. But after 2 hours, we had to go. Now we were going to head to my Aunt's house.
After the past 2 weeks of relaxing around our 2 yr Anniversary, we are ready to head back out and box like crazy. But not before "The Search for the Mad Man's Treasure". Stay tuned for further details.

1 Comments:

Blogger midlandtrailblazer said...

wow, what fun. you can camp out in my backyard anytime you want. hopefully by then there will be plenty of boxes in our area.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home