----------Team New Hampshire's Letterboxing Tales----------

Team New Hampshire is a team of 5. First there is my beautiful partner in crime, Sarah. Next are her 2 sons, Billy and Elijah. Then there is our son, Levi. And finally there is me, David. We live in the most wondefullest state in the country, New Hampshire. The "Live Free or Die" state. We started letterboxing in August of 2005 and we love every minute of it.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Come Fly a Kite in Maine.

Well, it was about sometime last week, that I found out that I would be heading to the gathering in Maine called Come Fly a kite. This gathering is being hosted by Happy Daze and Maine Kokopellian at Portland Headlight on Cape Elizabeth. For more information, feel free to click on the link provided.
For this gathering, there is an option to bring a kite. I suppose you could buy a kite or you could make one. I choose the making a kite route. Now I have to be completely honest with everyone, I have never made a kite before in my life. I just took a vision that was in my head and went with it. So far so good. I have a kite all made and dressed up. There is only one real problem. There is no wind to test out the kite. I tried to run across the yard, but it went a few feet before coming back down. I guess I am going to have to wing it when I get to the gathering. I would rather know if my kite will fly, than to watch it crash and burn in front of everyone. I like the way my kite looks. you'll have to wait until the gathering to see it for yourself. Hope to see you there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrtee073 said...

Good Luck with your kite! We'll be there to see it's maiden voyage!
:-) We bought our kite, and I'm still wondering if it will fly! Ha, ha, ha!
~The Thompson Twins
http://mrtee073.blogspot.com/

7:44 AM  
Blogger midlandtrailblazer said...

sounds like fun. is doyle going with you?? maybe i should send a kite for him....

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home