----------Team New Hampshire's Letterboxing Tales----------

Team New Hampshire is a team of 5. First there is my beautiful partner in crime, Sarah. Next are her 2 sons, Billy and Elijah. Then there is our son, Levi. And finally there is me, David. We live in the most wondefullest state in the country, New Hampshire. The "Live Free or Die" state. We started letterboxing in August of 2005 and we love every minute of it.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Boxing with the Wildcats.

So it be Monday when I we were boxing with Dave and Alice of the Wildcats, and yes it is 12:06am Wednesday morning when I am posting this. But come on now! Some people have to work you know!
Nonetheless, I am here posting about our day with the Wildcats. It started out like no other day. In the morning. Ha ha ha! Oh sorry.
They had showed up at our house at about 10ish. They really hadn't thought about which boxes to visit first, only that it was up to us, which boxes we were going to. Now the problem with this was, I have just about gotten every box within 20 miles of my house. There was 1 box that had been posted the day prior though. It was on our list. So we headed off to find some of my boxes in town. A wonderful way to check up on the status of some of my boxes. First we were off to Polly Puffer Fish. Alice had said that they tried this box and couldn't find it. According to Mapquest, they send you to another location. Alice had mentioned that my clues were pretty good at that location, but they couldn't find the box. Now at the right location, they didn't have any problems locating the box. I in no way helped in the finding of any of my boxes. I did to much talking.
Next we headed off to replant Concord's Cool Cat. This box had been pulled for awhile now. It was about time for the box to make its way back out in the wild for others to find. It was while replanting the box that the Wildcats met Dozer. Dozer is a boxing Buddy that I have been hosting for a little while now. These were the first boxers he has exchanged with since he started traveling. They were happy to meet Dozer as he was with them.
After we left from there, we headed off to find the new box in town, Run to the Stars. It was located in a familiar area for me so finding the starting point wasn't an issue. The problem I had was that my printer had run out of ink so I quickly wrote down some of the important clues. Unfortunately, I didn't write enough of the clues down. We searched for that box longer than we should have before we actually found it. The walk was nice and we talked some more. Talk talk talk. You couldn't shut any of us up. And I didn't think that was a bad this either. I don't get to talk to many boxers like this. It was nice.
Now it was lunch time and we all sat down for some pizza at my favorite pizza joint, Sal's Pizza. OK, so I also work there. I am a loyalist. I won't eat any other pizza other than Sal's. Sorry!
Afterwards, we walked down to where a box called Howard's Clock should be located. It had been reported missing for quite awhile, but we wanted to make sure. I had been there 4 times prior to this visit, but it never hurt to look again. Sure enough, we still didn't find it. This time, there were 4 sets of eyes looking for this box, and many more eyes wondering what we were doing I'm sure. So we gave up and drove off to our final location, St. Paul's Cemetery. This was my second box ever found by us back in 05'. I had one heck of a time finding this box. If I remember correctly, I gave up on the clues and searched around until we found the box. Don't know how we did it, but we did. The Wildcats started out as we did, lost! But then, suddenly, they knew what they were doing. They found the box with the clues. Now of course they made perfect sense after the clues were explained. I just have one question. How the heck did we find the box then if we had no idea how to read the clues? The important thing is that we found it and no harm was done. So after some stamping in, we took a picture and we were on our separate ways. A day spent with the Wildcats, and well worth it too! I can't wait to head to their neck of the woods and search for some boxes there.

1 Comments:

Blogger midlandtrailblazer said...

sounds like a great time!!

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home