----------Team New Hampshire's Letterboxing Tales----------

Team New Hampshire is a team of 5. First there is my beautiful partner in crime, Sarah. Next are her 2 sons, Billy and Elijah. Then there is our son, Levi. And finally there is me, David. We live in the most wondefullest state in the country, New Hampshire. The "Live Free or Die" state. We started letterboxing in August of 2005 and we love every minute of it.

Monday, July 02, 2007

Fishing In The Dark.

Well, this past weekend, I was unable to attend the gathering that was in the next town over from where I live. The Keep it Simple Keep it Plain, a New Hampshire Picnic Gather was in Allenstown at Bear Brook State Park. I favorite place of mine to hike and box all at the same time. Of course, up until now, all the boxes in Bear Brook, were mine. In one day, everything changed.
So unfortunately I had to work, so I couldn't be at the gather. I did however stop by before and after the gather. I came by before to plant a new box in the park called The Mask of the Mad Man. The clues should make you a bit mad. Well maybe not, but it was nice to think so.
After working 11 hours, I headed back to the park and met up with those who camped there for the night. We chatted it up for some time and then we decided to go searching for some boxes in the dark. Now I have gone boxing in the dark before, but usually those boxes I have searched for were drive-bys. These were not drive-bys. A group of 10 of us headed into the dark in search of 7 boxes. A series of boxes called "Let's Go Fishing," and another box called "A Day at the Beach." I would have to say it took us about an hour and a half to find all these boxes, and it couldn't have been a better night. It did manage to rain a little towards the end of our journey, but it wasn't like it down poured. During the walk, I had some quality time to talk to Uneksia. I also met and talked with Nature Posse, Kreppy Kelli, CPAScott, and MaineKokopellian. We all had fun out in the woods and I would definately do it again. Just one problem! Where do I go?

2 Comments:

Blogger midlandtrailblazer said...

sounds like a blast!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Mrtee073 said...

I read your clue for, The Mask of the Mad Man. Quite a story! :-)
Did you make it up? Or is it an authntic legend? Hopefully sometime this summer we'll make it down to NH and get that box.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home