----------Team New Hampshire's Letterboxing Tales----------

Team New Hampshire is a team of 5. First there is my beautiful partner in crime, Sarah. Next are her 2 sons, Billy and Elijah. Then there is our son, Levi. And finally there is me, David. We live in the most wondefullest state in the country, New Hampshire. The "Live Free or Die" state. We started letterboxing in August of 2005 and we love every minute of it.

Monday, July 30, 2007

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly!

So for the first time since the horrible news had come out of Connecticut, we headed down to check it out first hand. We were limited on time because we were going to visit my Grandmothers too! The last time we came down, we had gotten a box from every state we passed through, but this time, Connecticut was on our minds. There were only 4 boxes we were after today. The news was not good, but bare with me.
Our first stop was in Preston. We tried to look for Max's Dog Walk. The park was nice and the walk was equally as nice, but unfortunately the box wasn't in the wall were it should have been. The rocks that were supposed to be covering the hole which housed the box wasn't even put back in the right spot. The hole was wide open, so if by chance the box was there, it certainly wasn't now! The day didn't start off so well. Next we headed off to Norwichtown to the Old Norwichtown Cemetery. I used to drive through the area all the time and never knew that the cemetery was located there. See what letterboxing has done for me! I love history and this place was loaded with it.The cemetery also housed 2 boxes. I have some good news and bad news though. I was able to find Patriot, but not Minnehaha Falls. Now before every thinks that that box is missing, we were not able to find the area the box is supposedly housed. I wrote the clues out and I think I missed something, which would make it really hard to locate the box. We will be back!
Then we went to visit my Grandmothers and we went to TJ's in Baltic for dinner. It was nice and the food there is always wonderful.
After eating dinner, we went and brought one of my Grandmothers home and started heading off towards home, but using the detour route. We were off to find Lunette - John Walden located in the Woodchuck Hill Cemetery. We would have probably found the box if we could have found the cemetery! We drove around several times and couldn't find it. We did see some deer in a field. I guess that was pretty cool though. But after it was getting really dark, we finally headed off home. After a long day of not finding boxes and kids acting up, we were all happy to be heading home. In a few weeks, we will be back to search for these boxes and more again. Hopefully we have a better outcome.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you take the pictures on here? I like them a lot, especially the one with the tiger lilies amidst the weeds. -Rose

9:49 PM  
Blogger David Baril Jr. said...

for the most part, about 98% of the pictures on my blog are taken by me.

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have talent!

10:36 PM  
Blogger David Baril Jr. said...

thank you!

10:37 PM  
Blogger midlandtrailblazer said...

at least you got to hunt, we had company and didn't get out :(

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home