----------Team New Hampshire's Letterboxing Tales----------

Team New Hampshire is a team of 5. First there is my beautiful partner in crime, Sarah. Next are her 2 sons, Billy and Elijah. Then there is our son, Levi. And finally there is me, David. We live in the most wondefullest state in the country, New Hampshire. The "Live Free or Die" state. We started letterboxing in August of 2005 and we love every minute of it.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Crying for Connecticut.

As most of you probably have heard by now, there is something fishy going on in Connecticut these days. First of all, when a box goes missing, we usually are always quick to blame a muggle for the incident. But this is a bit different. From what I understand, about over 150 boxes have been reported missing in Southern Connecticut over the past few weeks. This kind of act is unheard of. In the past, there have been isolated locations with problems, but nothing as large a scale as this. Who would do something so ignorant? Who would think for one second that this would be a fun idea? What this/these people don't understand, for most of us, this is our way to spend time with family, a way to get out into the great unknown, a way to show off a special someplace that otherwise would never have been found. Connecticut is under attack by something huge right now. I can't stand to hear the loss that is going on.
Connecticut is my second home. I was born in Norwich in 1978 and lived in Taftville for 12 years before coming to New Hampshire. My relatives live there and I visit them often. I have done little in the way of boxing there so far, but every time we head down to visit, we always made it a point to find a few boxes while we're there. It is something I don't enjoy thinking, but it seems that our fun may be hampered a bit with this current activity going on right now. The time spent in the woods is just fine for me with the added bonus at the end. It is the rest of the family that may not enjoy that time as I have, if the box isn't there. This could make or break letterboxing for Team New Hampshire as a whole. For me, I will not stop until every last breathe is taken by myself. It concerns me that others who have inspired me to carry on in the past, may not be around much longer. The nimrod responsible for this horrible act is winning right now. Just the contemplation of leaving letterboxing means that the responsible party is winning. If even one letterboxer that helped pave the way for other future letterboxers like myself, leave, a tear will fall. Enough tears have fallen for Connecticut already. Please don't let there be more tears.

1 Comments:

Blogger midlandtrailblazer said...

wow, that is terrible!

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home