----------Team New Hampshire's Letterboxing Tales----------

Team New Hampshire is a team of 5. First there is my beautiful partner in crime, Sarah. Next are her 2 sons, Billy and Elijah. Then there is our son, Levi. And finally there is me, David. We live in the most wondefullest state in the country, New Hampshire. The "Live Free or Die" state. We started letterboxing in August of 2005 and we love every minute of it.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

A First for New Hampster!

Well let me start off by telling you about New Hampster. This box had been on the map for about a month, sitting on AQ with no clues. Then someone who lives in Florida posts about this box that one of her minions will plant for her here in the state. This box had suddenly become a focus of attention. Where is the box going to be planted? Who will find it first? There was some talk that some Mainers would find it first. Frankly, I thought that wouldn't be possible unless there was some cheating going on. I waited and waited, and there it was. A post about the clues being updated. The race was on!
I set my clock the night before for 5am, then I went to bed.
Zzzz Zzzz Zzzz.
I woke up at 7am to find that the alarm clock had been shut off! It would seem that the alarm woke my wife up and it somehow turned itself on, so she felt obligated to turn it off. She didn't even bother to check to see if it was for me! So I woke up and headed into the shower!
Wash wash!
I hop into the car, well I mean I got dressed first of course, then hop into the car, get onto the highway and head up to Bristol, where the box is. While on the highway, I kept lokoing at my gas level. I thought I should get gas now, but if I do that, someone else might beat me to the box. I couldn't have that. So I didn't get any gas. I get to Bristol around 8am. Got to find Wellingtong State Park now. Where are the clues? WHERE ARE THE CLUES?
I left them at home.
I luckly knew how to get to Wellington State Park. So I get there and the park doesn't open until 9am and it will cost me $3. It is 8:30am. I decided it didn't matter. I parked my car at the entrance and walked in. I figured I could pay on the way out. Now without the clues in hand, I had to try and remember what the clues said. OK. Walked some more. OK. Crap! These signs say nothing I remember seeing. Oh heck with it! I'll walk the trail anyway. Gotta find that box! So I walked the trail and walked some further and finally it came. I saw something I remembered seeing in the clues. The only clue it gave to its location is "Don't get stumped!" Hmmmm! What could that me... Oh found it! And after all that, I was the first to find the box. This could have been so easy if I had brought the clues. But it was worth the struggle.
Oh ya, and I ended up later going to work back in Concord and forgetting my store keys at home. My wife brought them to me. She wasn't to happy, but that's what she gets for turning off the alarm clock last night. HA!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the first find. Glad to see it was a native of NH and not a mainer(No offense mainers)

-HG

9:40 AM  
Blogger midlandtrailblazer said...

actually it sounds like it wouldn't have been much of a challenge if you hadn't forgot the clues. your story is much more impressive this way!

12:44 PM  
Blogger midlandtrailblazer said...

sure miss you. hope everything is okay.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home