----------Team New Hampshire's Letterboxing Tales----------

Team New Hampshire is a team of 5. First there is my beautiful partner in crime, Sarah. Next are her 2 sons, Billy and Elijah. Then there is our son, Levi. And finally there is me, David. We live in the most wondefullest state in the country, New Hampshire. The "Live Free or Die" state. We started letterboxing in August of 2005 and we love every minute of it.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Where have I been?

Well for those who haven't heard, I have been doing nothing at all! Actually, I can't say that. You see, I had kinda lead everyone to believe that I have been really busy doing much of nothing. Way back when, there was a gathering called Frightnight 3. I had mentioned something along the lines of, "I can't come to the gathering because I can't get out of work." Well, I had repeated this and everyone thought I couldn't go. Then a week later, I couldn't keep it completely secret anymore. I told Mainekokopellian I was going and he was thrilled. But, I didn't tell him what I was dressing as.
So the day came of the gather. I drove there and walked in with a plan. For 1 whole hour, I drove people nuts. Not once speaking a word. I had 2 bags by my side. 1 bag contained cards with a special signature stamps image on them, to hand out. The other bag contained a slimy mix of worms and eye balls. Trick or treat is was. So for 1 hour I had fun. Hugging people, kissing hands, getting my rear grabbed in hopes of figuring out who I was, with no luck. For 1 hour, I was dying of heat! That mask was so hot, I couldn't stop sweating. So after 1 hour, I called it quits. I was ready to reveal myself to everyone. Boy were people shocked!
Liquid was something I headed for first after greeting some people. Then I got a chance to meet some new people I knew where there but didn't talk to yet. Ryan, better known by everyone as Green Tortuga, and Amanda from Seattle were in attendance. I had plenty to talk to Ryan about. What a nice guy he is, which is what I expected he would be.
Later in the evening, we headed out for a little trick or treating before taking a hike through the woods for a haunted letterboxing adventure. I have to admit, I wasn't scared, but had tons of fun walking through the woods at night with some of my friends, old and new. The hike we wet after a day of rain, and I was walking around in slippers. Not recommended for a hike through the mud. Ghosts, skeletons, jack-o-lanterns and scary people lurked through the woods, but nothing was as cool as the graveyard behind the house. Much props to the organizers of the gather. I had a long day and a long drive ahead of me, but it was all worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home